A leading Korean mobile phone producer http://www.pantech.co.kr has launched the world's first "fingerprint-recognition" phone. The Pantech GI100 is designed for user-friendly security and convenience and offers a level of security beyond normal passwords, with the fingerprint used for lock-in keys, memory dials, and games.
The GI100 is light (82g), small (82x40x22.5 mm) and has a 1.8" main LCD and 1.2" sub LCD wich provide enhanced images thanks to the 260K TFT.
The GI100 has a built-in 1.3 Megapixel camera with embedded flash that can also record up to 30 minutes of video.
With fingerprint recognition technology, the GI100 tightly controls personal key entries. Only a registered fingerprint can enable keying in and use of the phone. The "Secret Finger Dial" facility enables a user to assign a phone number to each of their ten pinkies, enabling each fingerprint to be used for quick dialling.
Further, by sweeping fingerprints instead of pushing in keys, you can enjoy games like car racing, slot machine and match making. The flash memory of 256 Mb enables a number of additional functions such as 150 minutes of voice recording.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide