The most distinctive motorcycle brand on the planet hardly needs much customisation, but Buell recently unveiled a one-off gold-plated version of the Lightning XB9S. Nine carat gold paintwork and a myriad of clever parts have transformed the American motorcycle into a street machine that oozes attitude and is stunningly beautiful at the same time.
Meticulously built for Buell in Australia by Sydney enthusiast Paul Bailey, the aim was to create a street machine that had no equal and that would turn heads because of its originality and stunning finish.
The XB9S custom features nine carat gold paintwork on the petrol tank and both fenders, and the entire frame including wheels, forks and all metal components have been nickel plated.
A combination of black and deer hide suede make up the custom seat.
Gizmo recently rode the XB9s’ big brother, the XB12S, declaring it one of the most enjoyable roadgoing motorcycles on the planet.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide