Thursday November 27, 2003
The smart roadster two-seater convertible will launch in Australia next month promising purists the chance to sample an "intensive open-air motoring experience". The diminutive roadster has an engine output of 60 kW and a weighs only 790 kilogrammes and can accelerate from 0 - 100 km/h in 10.9 seconds. The high power-to-weight ratio combined with direct handling and excellent cornering ability put the empasis on the driving experience itself and its roof system incorporates both soft top and a hardtop covers that can be used together or alternatively.
The smart roadster is equipped with ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) as standard along with the TRIDION safety cell. Coloured plastic bodypanels are used in the construction which is modular for the benefit of production and maintenance.
The optional two-piece removable plastic hardtop can be stowed and transported in the rear luggage compartment. The electrically operated folding soft top comes as standard for the smart roadster and can be fully opened and closed even when driving at top speed.
Follow the links below to learn more.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide