Australian launch of the smart City-Coup' and Smart Cabrio
By Mike Hanlon
July 8, 2003
Wednesday July 9, 2003
The smart city-coup' and smart cabrio are now officially on sale in Australia with sales centres open in Sydney, Melbourne, and from 2004, Brisbane. The second-generation smart car models shown by DaimlerChrysler at the Melbourne International Motor Show earlier this year go on sale from $21,900.
The second-generation smart city-coup' and smart cabrio feature a redesigned (698 cc) three-cylinder SUPREX turbo engine that delivers 45 kW and a sequential six-speed transmission.
At 2.5 metres long, the diminutive smart car is designed for city commuters negotiating tight spaces. Enhanced safety features consisting primarily of short crumple zones around a TRIDION safety cell are included.
Also standard is the Electronic Stability Programme which includes Hill Start Assist, Anti-lock Braking System, Electronic Brake-force Distribution and Acceleration Skid Control.
Other standard-fitted items include the glass roof with sun-screen (city-coup'), leather steering wheel, front airbags, remote central locking, power windows, airconditioning, CD player and 15-inch alloy wheels.
The smart city-coup' is priced from AUS$21,900, and the smart cabrio is priced from AUS$26,900.
An addition to the smart line-up - the smart roadster - is expected to reach Australia later this year.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide