Tuesday August 5, 2003
The Toshiba Satellite P25-S507 joins the trend towards "convergence machines" by adding a TV tuner, 17" display, high-end audio system and DVD recording functionality to its capabilities as a desktop replacement mobile PC.
Integrated Wireless Internet access (IEEE 802.11a/b), 4-USB (2.0) ports and a 60GB HDD are among the notable computing features of the P25, but the focus is on the multimedia and personal theatre experience on offer - 1440 x 900 XGA Display, harman/kardon stereo speakers, NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 graphics and DVD-R/RW multifunction drive. TV viewing and recording features include the ability to use the unit as a set top box.
The Toshiba Satellite P25-S507 is available in the States for US$2,099 and the high-end P25-S607 model costs US$2,699. Toshiba are considering a local release but features specifications have not been finalised.
Stay tuned to Gizmo for updates and follow the links below for more on convergence devices that combine portable computing and home entertainment.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide