Nokia has released the first mobile phone to incorporate handwriting recognition. The Nokia 6108 is designed for Chinese language users in Asia Pacific markets and includes pen input capability for optimised messaging.
The compact handset has a built-in touch pad and non-slip stylus, tri-band (GSM 900/1800/1900) functionality, a high resolution colour display, MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), Java, a built-in email client, an XHTML browser, a "Chinese-English-Chinese" and an integrated hands-free speaker.
Its intuitive pen input capability recognises the handwriting of both Chinese and Latin characters for convenient message sending and note taking and key-based input is also supported.
The Nokia 6108 will be commercially available in Asia Pacific markets during the third quarter of 2003.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide