In the recent Tom Cruise film Minority Report, Tom drove a 2054-model Toyota Lexus. In creating the film, Stephen Spielberg, a Lexus driver himself, approached the company to provide him with its concept of what a car might look like in fifty years time. The following is the spec sheet produced by Toyota for car:
Engine: Smart recharging 500 kilowatt electric engine
Curb Weight: 2300 lbs.
Chassis: Carbon Fiber & Titanium Composite Monocoque Suspension: Titanium Composite, Fully-Independent Double-Wishbone with Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), Speed-Sensitive Automatic Height Control (AHC)
Brakes: Computer-Controlled, Servo/Electronic, Ceramic Hybrid Discs, and Regenerative Electric System to charge all Systems.
Wheels and Tires: 6-Spoke, Titanium Alloy, C-TEK Wheels, 22x9.5-inch with 285/30R22, High-Speed Run-Flat Tires
* Heads-Up instrumentation with Night Vision and Organic Recognition capability
* Color-impregnated, carbon composite body panels with dent-resistant memory
* Body conforming bucket seats with automatic heating and cooling functions
* Laser Guided Cruise Control
* Stereolithography formed body panels
* Body panels color
selectable by owner voice
* All systems fully computer-controlled with Voice-Activated and
* All rearward vision via cameras rather than mirrors
* Sonar Parking Assist
* Switchable-tint glass all-around with solar panel glass in roof
* Retractable solar body panels for recharging and interior climate control during parking
* Information system display doubles as owner-recognizable personal computer
* DNA Recognition Entry and Ignition System: Via sensory intelligence, the system allows owner to enter and start vehicle.
* Accident Avoidance System: Infrared technology senses what's ahead to warn of
impending danger. Sonar parking assist and rearward vision cameras. Dent resistant memory metal protects exterior from dents and scratches.
*Self-Diagnosis System: Car automatically detects and alerts any mechanical or electrical problems. Voice-Activated Concierge Service will schedule necessary service appointments. Lexus representatives travel to owner's preferred location to service car.
*Auto Valet: Once the car drops the owner off, it then parks to recharge (its retractable solar body panels automatically adjust to accommodate recharging). Upon
remote command, the car will arrive at requested location.
*Global Digital Entertainment System (with Universal Translator and Personal Digital Recorder): Comprehensive music library, archived with a global directory; updates daily via cyber connection. The PDR automatically records shows via request (similar to TiVo today). The system alerts to breaking news, weather, stock, and/or sports reports based on personal profile data.
*Voice-Activated Concierge Service (with Internet Search): Reserves restaurant, hotel and entertainment events via voice command.
*Weather Sensitive Response System: Solar panel triggers automatic window tint, adjusting the level of bright light to the driver's sensitivity. Tire traction adjusts automatically to road conditions.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics