Free Gibson iPhone App puts a guitar teacher in your pocket
By Jeff Salton
March 2, 2010
One of the best-known names in guitars, Gibson, has released a free iPhone download – the Gibson Guitar App. The App includes a standard metronome, a versatile tuner, chord charts and access to video lessons.
The traditional chromatic tuner starts in an “All Notes” mode that tracks whatever is played. A “Mode” option lets you track notes for a particular tuning and it also shows you how to tune to a Standard tuning (open G, Open D).
On the iPhone, the correct tuning is indicated by changing colors in the display, which takes the form of a classic Gibson headstock. For the iPod Touch - which doesn't have a microphone - there is a “Play Notes” option that plays the correct note out loud.
The app also has more than 30 chord charts with finger markings for players who need a bit more help.
The metronome allows users to choose a specific BPM or tap the screen three times to automatically set the tempo.
The Gibson App caters for those who want to learn new guitar riffs, licks or chord sequences via video tuition. Gibson says the App will be updated frequently with new video content to suit guitarists of differing abilities.
The app also gives Gibson Guitar fans access to news on new products, artist activity and special events.
Via the Gibson.com.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide