GefenTV Wireless for HDMI 60Ghz is shipping
By Jude Garvey
January 20, 2010
If you love your home theater system - but despise all the cables and wires associated with it – a new product from Gefen might be of interest to you. The GefenTV Wireless for HD 60Ghz extender allows you to extend high-quality audio signals and high-definition video - at resolutions of up to 1080p - to a remote display which can be up to 30 feet away. No wires – no worries.
Using high-frequency radio technology, the system is capable of supporting multi-gigabit transfer rates of HDMI 1.3 with eight-channel digital audio. The plug-and play installation allows you to extend audio and video to another room without the hassle of re-routing cables and wires.
This system should appeal to gamers as it is uncompressed at the 3Ghz bandwidth which makes it suitable for more demanding applications. It can deliver high-quality, vibrant resolutions and multi-channel audio in HDMI format. The system can also be used with a computer with DVI connections.
The extender uses a pair of sender and receiver units that are arranged in a line-of-sight orientation to each other and with no other obstructions in the radio signal path. Once powered on, it only takes a couple of seconds for the units to recognize each other and for the wireless pairing mode to begin. Then voila – a vibrant high-definition picture appears on the remote display as the AV signal extension completes.
Whilst in setup and operation mode, four LED indicators on the front of the sender and receiver units will show power status, strength of the wireless signal, pairing activity and signal blockage. The system supports Dolby TrueHD & DTS master audio and 225 MHz video bandwidth.The GefenTV Wireless for HD 60Ghz extender package includes the sender and receiver, 12V DC power supplies, a 6ft HDMI cable, users manual and remote control and will retail for USD999 from Gefen.
- Wireless extension of 1080p/60 Full HD audio/video up to 10 meters (30 feet) indoors
- Supports up to 8-ch., 24-bit 192kHz LPCM audio
- Upgradable firmware via built-in RS-232 serial port
- Indicator LEDs provide operational status
- Powerful internal 36-antenna array
- HDMI and HDCP compliant
- Maximum A/V signal extension: 30 feet (open space indoors with no obstructions)
- Supported HDTV resolutions: 640x480i/p @60Hz; 720x480p@60Hz; 720x576i/p@50Hz; 1280x720p at 50,60Hz; 1920x1080i/p@24,50,60 Hz
- Supported VESA computer display formats at 60 Hz: 640x480 (VGA), 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1680x1050, 1920x1200
- Maximum video resolution: 2K (2048x1080p)(HDTV)
- Maximum audio bandwidth: 8-channel, 24-bit / 192kHz LPCM.
- Power supply / consumption: 12V DC / 18W each, AC 90-230V input
- Dimensions: 7.2" W x 1.4" H x 3.2" D each (sender and receiver are the same size)
- Conforms to WiHD CTS 1.0: International standards
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide