Digital Foci Photo Book: a portable, digital photo album
By Karen Sprey
February 19, 2009
We’ve come a long way since the humble photo frame holding those treasured – and often yellowed - family photos. The advent of the digital frame launched a whole new way of displaying not only photos but videos (with accompanying soundtracks) and you can now buy painting-sized Wi-Fi frames, frames that double as mirrors and two-way touch screens that use the mobile network. Just released by Digital Foci is the Photo Book: by adding a soft leather-like case they’ve turned a standard digital photo frame into a ‘book’ you can carry around and show off your photos and videos - wherever you are - and in a far more elegant and versatile way than using your mobile phone.
The internal battery means there are no messy cables and it can easily be passed around a lounge room or a boardroom. You can run a slideshow, scroll, zoom, rotate and pan.
What makes the Photo Book particularly interesting for photographers is its support for RAW format. It also supports the usual image, audio and video formats and a variety of memory cards.
The 8-inch, 800 x 600, 4GB Photo Book offers over 2.5 hours of battery life via its rechargeable Lithium battery.
The Digital Foci Photo Book will be available from May 2009 at a cost of USD$189.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide