DigiLife DDV-JF1 puts HD video recorder AND projector in your pocket
By Alan Brandon
June 9, 2009
June 9, 2009 What’s the use of shooting HD video with your pocket camcorder if you can’t share your cinematic masterpiece with your friends? That seems to be the question Life Technologies is answering with their new DigiLife DDV-JF1, a combination HD video recorder and pico projector in one compact unit.
The DDV-JF1 sports a similar form factor and features as other pocket video cams like the Flip Mino and Kodak Zi6. The DDV-JF1 shoots up to 720p at 30 fps and shows the video on its 2.5in. (6.4cm) LCD display. What sets the device apart however (at least for now) is its built-in pico projector.
Using the projector, your digital video or images can be screened up to 13ft (4m) away, with a maximum size of 50in. (127cm). The DDV-JF1’s projector supports Q720P (640 by 360) resolution and has an LED backlight with a brightness of 8 lux.DigiLife DDV-JF1 Specifications:
- Sensor: 5-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Operation modes: Movie record, picture record, voice record, mass storage device
- Projector resolution: Q720p (640 x 360)
- Projector luminance: 8 lux
- Video resolution: 1280 x 720
- H.264 video compression
- Video modes:
- HD: 720p @ 30fps, 16:9
- WVGA: 848 x 480 @ 60fps, 16:9
- Web: 320 x 240 @ 30fps, 4:3
- External memory SD card slot (supports SDHC)
- LCD display: 2.5in (6.4cm), 960 x 240
- 3x digital zoom
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
Pricing information is not yet available. Life Technologies is still finalizing what type of pico projector technology will be used in the final product, but the company says that it will begin shipping the DDV-JF1 by the end of the year.
Just enter your friends and your email address into the form below
For multiple addresses, separate each with a comma