Cyclops cap with LCD screen brings video and photos to a (literal) head
By Heidi Hoopes
October 30, 2013
If you’ve ever wanted more ways to show the world your logo, your dance skills, your business’s lunch special, or your funny cat videos, the Cyclops could be for you. It’s a snapback hat kitted out with an LCD display that syncs with a mobile app.
Although Cyclops was dreamed up to let wearers make a distinctive fashion statement, the team behind it also envision the cap serving as an information or marketing platform for other companies.
The mobile app lets users choose which videos or photos to display, but also has a text editor for quickly displaying text across the 3.5-inch, 960 x 640 resolution screen. The hat can be synced with the app either via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and its lithium-ion battery should be good for around 8 hours of playback.
The company is seeking to bring the cap to market via indiegogo. On its pledge page, the company addresses issues of whether the Cyclops keeps the electronics waterproof and if it’s safe for your brain – according to their research, yes and yes.
Cyclops is set up as a flexible funding project on indiegogo, so the company will take all funds pledged even if the campaign doesn't reach its goal.
Below is Cyclops’ promo video demonstrating its target niche.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide