ChargePoint iPhone app locates EV charging stations... and more
By Mick Webb
February 25, 2010
Electric vehicle use is set to expand rapidly, but and one of the short term problems is shaping up to be the availability of charging station infrastructure. Mobile technology seems to have arrived at just the right time to support the most efficient use of what are likely to be scarce resources and this iPhone application from Coulomb Technologies is an early example. It not only allows you to locate the nearest ChargePoint Networked Charging Station but also tells you if the charging station is currently available, in use, out of service.
EV drivers can tap into their GPS to find the nearest charging station anywhere in North America and get turn-by-turn directions to its location. A host of other information is provided, such as whether a station is available, in use or out of service, and sessions can be started and stopped from a user’s device.
The app also offers directions from a user’s current location to where their vehicle is charging as well as statistics on their most recent charge like energy, greenhouse gas savings, and real time notification of the status of their current charge. Users can also access their ChargePoint Network account via the application.
The ChargePoint app is free and available for download from the iTunes Store.
Via: Coulomb Technologies.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide