For those who love getting out on the water, but lack the extra space required to store a recreational vessel, comes the Citbot Folding Kayak. Lightweight and easily assembled, the kayak can carry up to 95kg and folds down into a convenient backpack weighing just 11kg.
Folding watercraft are certainly nothing new, with recent examples ranging from fishing boats to catamarans. And, although folding kayaks have been around since the turn of last century, they certainly haven't often been designed to store in a bag that can be slung over a shoulder and carried to the nearest body of water.
The ten foot long Citibot can be assembled in around ten minutes, with the frame being put together first, then placed inside the skin. An adjustable stern mechanism controls tension, while two full-length inflatable tubes called sponsons attach to either side to help keep the craft upright.
The latest foray for long established US kayak manufacturer Folbot, the Citibot also features a newly designed seat with inflatable adjustable firmness, with the seat frame providing structural support for the cockpit. Available in eight colors, the Citibot provides a nifty solution for those enthusiasts lacking either the storage space for a traditional watercraft or the means to transport it.
The Citibot is available from the Folbot website from around US$1200.
Check out the vid below for an assembly demonstration.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide