Celebrity Cruises adds art to iPad applications
September 14, 2010
Celebrity Cruises has gone beyond presenting its wine list on an iPad to become the first cruise line to provide self-guided art tours using Apple's tablet.
The latest "first" closely follows the company's introduction of “Celebrity iLounge” equipped with MacBook workstations, a Mac accessories store and Mac short courses on the ships.
Celebrity boasts one of the world’s largest collections of contemporary art. So it's putting the iPad to work as a tour guide.
The iPad will display full details and history about selected works of art, including the title of the work, artist’s name, medium used, description and image. With a library of over 14,000 works of contemporary art, the art tour application will also allow guests to view Celebrity’s entire catalog of painting, photography, video and sculptures on all Solstice-Class ships.
Celebrity Cruises new iPad art tours are available on Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Eclipse and Celebrity Equinox. Around US$860 will get you a six night berth on the Solistice – and an iPad art tour. A Suite is in the order of US$2K.
The tours are currently in English with Spanish, German and French versions on the way.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide