Carrera ski helmet folds for a custom fit
By Ben Coxworth
December 28, 2013
Eyewear and helmet manufacturer Carrera got itself noticed last year, when it released an accordion-like bike helmet that can be folded in or out to accommodate different head sizes. Now, the company has brought that same idea to the skiing and snowboarding-oriented Snow Foldable Helmet.
The helmet consists of one lateral middle section, along with two side sections. Those latter two pieces can be pulled out to either side, to match the width of the wearer's head, and then locked into place. It still meets the EN1077 B ski helmet safety standard, plus its pull-open design reportedly results in good ventilation. Additionally, when folded down, it's claimed to take up over 20 percent less space than when in use.
Other features include ear pads and a lining that can both be removed and washed, and an elastic fore/aft fitting system. The helmet comes in five color choices, including the fancy-shmancy leather/carbon version shown here.
We've inquired about pricing and availability, but have yet to hear back.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide