Braven Bluetooth speakers double as phone charger
By Gizmag Team
April 17, 2012
BRAVEN is looking to stand-out from the Bluetooth speaker crowd with a new line that offers the versatility of integrated phone charging plus speakerphone and daisy chaining functionality. The BRAVEN SIX Series comes in three flavors - two aluminum models and a ruggedized unit - which boast between 12 and 20 hours charging time.
The sleek 6.25 in. x 2.5 in. x 1.75 in. (15.9cm x 6.4cm x 4.5cm) enclosures contain two HD audio drivers, left and right channel passive sub woofers and a duplex microphone for hands-free calls. The speaker output is 3 watts and there's an option to connect via an audio cable if your want to bypass the Bluetooth link.
The cheapest of the three models - the US$150 BRAVEN 600 - is made from aircraft-grade aluminum and promises up to 14 hours of playtime.
At the other end of the scale is the $190 BRAVEN 650 which looks just like the 600 but gets aptX and AAC audio encoding, more playback time - rated at 20 hours - and comes in a red or "Mountain Ash" finish.
Finally there's the $180 BRAVEN 625 which sports a rugged, shock-absorbing exterior, a waterproof bag and flashlight and a playback time of up to 16 hours.
All three models can be daisy chained for bigger sound and provide some emergency battery back-up for your phone via an in-built USB charging port. BRAVEN is now taking pre-orders ahead of a late June release.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide