225mph Stealth supercar: BRABUS BULLIT BLACK ARROW
June 10, 2008
June 11, 2008 German auto-performance specialist Brabus has again pushed the envelope with its latest creation - the wickedly styled BULLIT BLACK ARROW.
Based on the body of the new Mercedes C-Class sedan, the four-door, V12 Biturbo BLACK ARROW boasts some incredible performance specs: 730 hp, 1,320 Nm of torque, 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.9 seconds and 0 to 300 km/h (186 mph) in 24.5 seconds, with a top speed listed at more than 360 km/h (225 mph). This brings it within top speed range of its stablemate - and current world's fastest sedan titleholder - the Mercedes CLS based BRABUS ROCKET.
The C-Class engine bay has been extensively modified to accommodate the turbocharged V12 engine, a reworked Mercedes S 600 that's also derived from the BRABUS ROCKET. The engine's 6.3 liter displacement is achieved using a crankshaft with longer stroke, larger cylinder bore and special pistons and piston rods, with cylinder heads optimized for faster gas exchange and high-performance camshafts added. Special manifolds, larger turbochargers and larger intercoolers were also added along with a new stainless-steel high-performance exhaust system and new mapping for engine electronics and on-board diagnostics, all of which results in an engine that produces 730 hp (720 hp SAE net) / 537 kW at just 5,100 rpm with the peak torque of 1,320 Nm (974 lb-ft) limited electronically to 1,100 Nm (811 lb-ft).
The car's distinctive finish is marked by a special matte-black coating, new hood and aluminum wheel arch flares for front and rear axle which add six centimeters (2.4 inches) to the C-Class width and accommodate the wide matte-black BRABUS Monoblock S light-alloy wheels. Aesthetics, aerodynamic performance and cooling are further boosted by large air ducts in the autoclave-baked carbon fiber front apron, with a three-piece spoiler and apron with integrated diffuser at the rear.
The BULLIT BLACK ARROW is in small-series production with the price starting at 348,000 Euros MSRP.
Visit BRABUS for further info or read on for more technical specifications:
BRABUS BULLIT BLACK ARROW:
- 4-door sedan based on Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W 204 series
- Steel unibody widened with BRABUS fender flares by 60 mm (2.36 inches)
- BRABUS BULLIT aerodynamic-enhancement kit with BULLIT front and rear bumper manufactured from carbon fiber baked in an autoclave. Rocker panels with integrated entrance lights, three-piece rear spoiler.
- Length 4.590 mm 180.7 in.
- Width 1.830 mm 72.0 in.
- Height 1.402 mm 55.2 in.
- Curb weight 1,850 kg 4,079 lbs.
- BRABUS SV 12 S Biturbo displacement engine based on Mercedes 600 V12-cylinder 3-valve light-alloy engine with twin turbochargers
- Displacement 6,233 cm³ (380 cu. in.)
- Compression ratio 9.0 : 1
- Rated power 730 hp (720 hp SAE net) / 537 kW at 5,100 rpm
- Peak torque 1,320 Nm (974 lb-ft) from 2,100 rpm (electronically limited to 1,100 Nm - 811 lb-ft)
- Fuel: Super plus (98 octane)
- Motor oil: ARAL
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Reinforced five-speed automatic transmission
- BRABUS locking rear differential with 40 percent locking rate
- Independent suspension front and rear with height-adjustable BRABUS coil-over suspension
- Front axle: Three-link, anti-dive geometry. Height-adjustable BRABUS struts with coil springs and gas-pressure shocks featuring ten settings each for bound and rebound; BRABUS sport sway bar
- Rear axle: Five-link, anti-dive and anti-squat geometry. Height-adjustable BRABUS struts with coil springs and gas-pressure shocks featuring ten settings each for bound and rebound; BRABUS sport sway bar.
- BRABUS Monoblock S light-alloy wheels with YOKOHAMA or Pirelli high-performance tires
- Front: 9.5Jx19 H2 with 265/30 ZR 19
- Rear: 10.0Jx19 H2 with 285/30 ZR 19
- Brake System:
- Dual-circuit brakes with Brake Assist and BRABUS high-performance brake system
- Front: BRABUS 12-piston fixed aluminum calipers with vented and grooved 380 x 37 mm (15 x 1.46 in.) steel brake discs
- Rear: BRABUS six-piston fixed aluminum calipers with vented and grooved 360 x 28 mm (14.2 x 1.1 in.) steel brake discs.
- 0 - 100 km/h (62 mph): 3.9 sec
- 0 - 200 km/h (124 mph): 10.49 sec
- 0 - 300 km/h (186 mph): 24.5 sec
- Top speed: more than 360 km/h (225 mph), 350 km/h (217 mph) electronically limited
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics