Boosted Boards skateboard up for pre-order, still world's lightest EV
May 4, 2013
Last year we reported on San Francisco-based startup Boosted Boards' eponymous debut product, an electric skateboard that can lay credible claim to being the world’s lightest electric vehicle. The skateboard was the subject of a successful Kickstarter campaign, and having survived the perils of moving from pitch to product, is now available for wider pre-order.
Following in-depth testing of the initial prototype model, Boosted Boards was required to make a few changes in materials and specifications. The motor drivetrain has been overhauled in a bid to boost durability, and the truck has also been redesigned to accommodate improved pulleys. A new custom remote has been designed for controlling the skateboard.
Happily, the impressive specifications cited in the initial pitch appear to have been retained, and the skateboard can reach top speeds of 20 mph (32 km/h), has a range of 6 miles (10 km), and will weigh between 12 and 15 pounds (5 and 7 kg). Those specifications can be perused in full via the source link below.
A Boosted Board unit will set you back US$1299, plus shipping and tax. The estimated delivery window is slated as northern-hemisphere autumn, 2013.
Source: Boosted BoardsShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide