Nissan to auction one-of-a-kind Bolt Gold GT-R for charity
By Dave LeClair
November 19, 2012
Nissan is dropping a special edition, one of a kind GT-R themed after Olympic superstar Usain Bolt. This limited edition Nissan GT-R is going up for a special charity auction starting on November 22. All the proceeds from the auction go to Usain Bolt's charity, aptly named the Usain Bolt Foundation, which helps children in Bolt's native Jamaica.
The GT-R will be a 2013 model year version of the car painted in Usain Bolt's special edition gold. Why gold? Because Bolt had more gold around his neck than he can possibly know what to do with. An ultra fast track star and high performance sports car seems like a perfect match.
Besides the custom paint job, the internals of the Bolt Gold GT-R will be the same as the standard model. Still, the winner of the auction will be the only person driving this custom car around, and the proceeds (which will likely be quite high) go to a good cause.
The auction is scheduled to run from November 22 through December 2 on eBay Motors. The winner will also receive a special gold plate embossed with Usain Bolt's signature. Nissan will tweak the car to make it street legal for country of the winner. Nissan expects to deliver it in March 2013.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide