Bevometer cooler takes the guesswork out of drink consumption
By Nick Lavars
February 14, 2014
The Bevometer, an adaptation of the traditional koozie (aka stubby holder or coldy-holdy), is designed to take the guesswork out of consumption by keeping count each time you exchange an empty for a full drink.
Just like a regular koozie, the Bevometer is designed to keep drinks cool, though it also sports a small display on its side. On this screen are two counters: "this time" and "life time," both of which increase by one each time a new drink is placed inside.
Holding down the reset button just below the display will turn the "this time" counter back to zero, while a hard reset button lives on its base if the "life time" counter begins to represent a habit you'd rather not be reminded of.
The device is not just for counting beer cans though. The team behind the Bevometer also tout the koozie's value as a health tool in monitoring your daily soda or water intake, perhaps useful for those on a strict diet regime.
Having developed prototypes, the team has turned to Kickstarter to get the Bevometer into your hand and counting your drinks. The minimum pledge to land one of your own is US$15 and, if all goes according to plan, shipping is slated for May.
You can hear from the brains behind the Bevometer in the pitch video below.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide