Belkin announces Qode Thin Type keyboard for iPad Air
By Nick Lavars
May 9, 2014
Belkin today announced a new, ultra-thin keyboard case for the iPad Air. Measuring under 4 mm (0.16 in) thick, the Qode Thin Type Keyboard is aimed at extending the functionality of the tablet, while maintaining the convenience of its lightweight design.
Belkin doesn't say exactly how much the keyboard weighs, but says is is so light that it actually weighs less than the iPad Air itself, which means it tips the scales at under 469 g (1.034 lb). The keyboard's unibody construction is of anodized aluminum, with magnetic hinges to lock the tablet into the cradle.
To provide added stability, this cradle also works with a built-in weight sensor to recognize when the tablet is in place, meaning the keyboard will only turn on when it is required. Charged via USB, Belkin puts the battery life at 79 hours. It pairs to the Air with a one-touch Bluetooth key and also features iOS-specific keys for easier shortcut control.
The Qode Thin Type Keyboard is available through Belkin's website and is priced at US$100.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide