Coffee-brewing alarm clock starts your day with a fresh mug
By Nick Lavars
August 3, 2014
If not ourselves, we all know someone that claims to be useless until they've had that first mouthful of coffee in the morning. The Barisiuer is an elegantly designed alarm clock that starts your day with a freshly-brewed cup of joe before you even get out of bed.
The bedside brewer is the work of UK-based industrial designer Josh Renouf, who was seeking a slightly gentler way of starting the day than the jolt of a buzzing alarm clock.
"It eases the user into the day with the subtle movement of stainless steel ball bearings that boil the water through induction heating, accompanied by the smell of freshly brewed coffee," he writes on his website.
The Barisiuer features a drawer compartment to store ground coffee beans and sugar and a tube for a shot or two of milk. This can be prepared the night before, a ritual that Renouf claims to send signals to the "body and mind that it is time to unwind and relax". If nothing else, the knowledge that there will be a fresh mug waiting when you wake up might just make you sleep that little bit easier.
Renouf is still in the development phase for his coffee-making alarm clock fusion, but estimates that it will be priced between £150 and £250 (US$250 and $420). You can sign up for updates via his website below.
Source: Josh Renouf DesignShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide