Baladeo ultralight multi-tool – for dining anywhere
By C.C. Weiss
August 24, 2012
The Baladeo Eco133 is the multi-tool for adventurers that don't have time to eat with a proper knife and fork at a three-leaf dining room table. The five-function tool adds little weight or bulk to your load, but it brings everything you need to enjoy a semi-civilized meal. It appears to be well-suited to fast-and-light wilderness travelers of all kinds.
Baladeo has offered the similar ECO100 fork-and-knife multi-tool for several years. In creating the 133, it trimmed all the fat, creating a tool that's "worth its weight" in even the lightest of packs.
The knife and spork of the ECO133 fold up and lock together for travel. In addition to the three standard table utensils, the tool packs a can opener and bottle opener. Its skeletal stainless steel design keeps weight down to 52 grams (1.8 oz) – less than a quarter of the weight of the seven-function ECO100. The knife's handle is polycarbonate and it comes with a mesh case.
The ECO133 is available in Europe for around €50. It's new to the U.S. market and is available on MoonTrail for US$49.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide