Aston Martin V12 Zagato debuts at Villa D’Este Concours
By Jack Martin
May 20, 2011
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the DB4GT Zagato, Aston Martin and Zagato will tomorrow use the backdrop of the Villa D'Este Concours to show off a V12 Zagato based on the V12 Vantage.
Though Italian design house Zagato has collaborated with every prestige automotive manufacturer at some stage or another, the company's relationship with Aston Martin has produced some stunningly beautiful and very fast classic vehicles, as evidenced by the DB4GT Zagato, V8 Vantage Zagato and DB7 Zagato.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the DB4GT Zagato, Aston Martin and Zagato will tomorrow use the backdrop of the Villa D'Este Concours in Italy to show off a V12 Zagato based on the V12 Vantage.
The V12 Zagato on display on the banks of Lake Como will be an endurance race car, with a view to the vehicle having a shakedown race next weekend and competing at the Nürburgring 24 hour race on June 25 and 26.
While the car has had an extensive amount of work done in forming all the aluminium body parts, underneath, it's all Vantage and the engine is a stock 510 bhp (380 kW) 6.0-litre V12.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide