Adobe unveils Photoshop Touch for the iPad 2
By Emily Price
February 27, 2012
Adobe Photoshop Touch is now available for the iPad 2. Adobe made the image-editing app official at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, and the app is already available to be downloaded from Apple's App Store.
The photo editing app contains some of Photoshop's core features, as well as a few unique features designed for creating content and sharing it from a tablet. As you might expect, users can apply effects to photos they have taken, touch up photos, as well as combine several photos into a layered image.
A "Scribble Selection Tool" within the app also allows users to erase objects with a scribbling gesture, exploiting Photoshop's "Refine Edge technology" to identify fiddly areas of images. The app also has both Facebook and Google image search, to help users find images quickly and share images they create with others.
In addition to Photoshop Touch, Adobe expects to release several other touch apps for the iPad in the coming months: Adobe Collage for mood boards, Adobe Debut for presenting and reviewing creative work, Adobe Ideas for sketching, Adobe Kuler for exploring color themes, and Adobe Proto for website and mobile app prototyping.
Adobe Photoshop Touch is available now from the App Store for US$9.99. Adobe has also made available a number of tutorials for the app to help you get started editing on your tablet.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide