Adidas to begin printing custom photos onto your sneakers
By Loz Blain
May 20, 2014
Things are heating up in the world of custom sneakers. Last year, Nike launched an online service called PhotoiD that analyses your favorite Instagram photos, creates a colour palette out of them, and lets you build a sneaker design out of it.
But it seems Adidas is prepared to one-up Nike by creating a similar app for iPhone and Android that lets you take your favourite photos, map them directly onto a pair of ZX Flux sneakers and have them made and sent to you.
In the teaser images supplied by Adidas, they actually come up with some pretty nice shoe designs – check out the gallery for examples.
Of course, these represent some of the best case scenarios. When asked, Gizmag contributor Nick Lavars immediately suggested I should get a pair printed with his smiling face on them. I declined on the basis that with that cheesy mug peering up from my footwear, no self-respecting lady would ever wear a dress in my presence again.
The Adidas photo print app is set to debut in August this year.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide