Entries are now open for the 2012 Electrolux Design Lab competition. Now in its 10th year, the competition is open to current undergraduate industrial design students and 2011 graduates who are being asked to get busy around the home by designing "appliances that will provide a fuller sensory experience."
The brief also states that "in keeping with the heritage of Electrolux, your concept should reflect Scandinavian Design values - being sensitive to the environment, providing intuitive ease of use and aesthetic appeal."
First prize is EUR5,000 plus six months' paid internship at an Electrolux global design center, while second and third take home EUR3000 and EUR2000 respectively.
The competition never fails to throw up some thought-provoking ideas and beautiful designs, so we'll be sure to keep you posted as the entries flow in.
Budding designers will find more information at the Electrolux Design Lab site. The deadline for entries is Friday June 1, 2012.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide