Of all the places you might meet someone, underwater is probably the last place that springs to mind. It's already hard enough to see and hear in a nightclub, so why make it difficult to breathe as well?
The Thinkmodo team has been involved in creating a number of well-executed virals over recent times, and the team's latest is the world's first underwater nightclub. It was launched earlier this week.
Created as a viral for TechnoMarine Underwater watches, the whole thing was filmed at a military training facility with navy divers and the set was built 14 feet (4 m) underwater.
The breathing helmets used in the commercial/viral are fully functioning units from Sea Trek, and they are the real enabler for the entire thing - the Sea Trek helmet system is commercially available, so perhaps an underwater nightclub is not all that implausible.
Sub Sea Systems' goal in developing Sea Trek was to create a product that would allow practically anyone to comfortably explore beneath the sea, regardless of swimming skill or physical ability.
It's a user-friendly, modernized diving bell which does facilitate a unique underwater experience and I can see it being used in a host of ways other than as an enabler for an underwater nightclub.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide