Photokina 2014 highlights

What do you want to see in the iPad 2?

March 1, 2011

The original iPad

The original iPad

Apple has confirmed its press event on March 2 will be about the next iPad, inviting journos to "come see what 2011 will be the year of". There's no shortage of rumors about what we'll see tomorrow, from the prerequisite (smaller and lighter) to the plain hopeful (Retina Display) - but that's boring. We want to know what would make existing iPad owners upgrade, and what would make the holdouts decide to jump in. Let us know in the comments.

Tim Hanlon Tim originally came to Gizmag as a developer, much to the dismay of anyone who had to maintain, build on, or rewrite his code. After wearing every other hat that didn't have a head for it, he became CEO in 2010. He's a racing sim tragic, an amateur martial artist, a nacho enthusiast, and a (mostly) reformed electronic musician.   All articles by Tim Hanlon

I believe that the new ipad should have holographic imaging, where you can see an actual image of a person or a game your playing. I believe that if the new ipad had that feature people would be rushing out to go get there first one or another one with the upgrade.

Facebook User
1st March, 2011 @ 08:05 pm PST

I want to be able to use my iPadd as a phone, like I expected of the first one. Video, like I thought the first one had.

Let me playlist my videos. Don't restrict my format choices so harshly. Don't enforce that stupid YouTube mobile app which looks for the lowest quality video - It's not an iPhone so it looks terrible.

Otherwise: Size is perfect, weight is perfect.

Von Meerman
1st March, 2011 @ 08:47 pm PST

Flash.

Yup. I want the whole web.

Tim Storm
1st March, 2011 @ 09:32 pm PST

As long As apple makes it .It will be limited

Michael Miller
2nd March, 2011 @ 04:44 am PST

I would like to be able to use the iPad as a design tool for concept sketching. The size and format lends itself well to a sketchpad for a range of design fields: industrial, interior, graphics and even architecture. Perhaps there should be some consideration for an A3 version as well. the screen and stylus would need to of a similar touch sensitivity as the Wacom. Wacom have the perfect tool for designers, if you are able to manage a 10kg sketchpad on your lap.

ChrisB
2nd March, 2011 @ 06:14 am PST

BLUETOOTH PHONE CAPABILITY!

CAPACITY FOR VIDPHONE!

Griffin
2nd March, 2011 @ 07:07 am PST

1-Thunderbolt port if they dont want to go the way of USB

2-Pressure sensitive AND multitouch screen (exopc has such a screen)

3-never-gunna-happen but a SDHC slot would be great so I can just pop in my card from my camera and view my photos

4-gyroscope

5-Duh, HD front facing camera 10mp front camera

6-dual core processor

7-GPS

ridiculous requests:

receipt scanner

printer

fingerprint scanner (maybe not so ridiculous but do they even put these on the MBP?)

inductive charging

3d Screen (stereo cameras on the back)

mind reading via bluetooth

Christopher Avina
2nd March, 2011 @ 08:28 am PST

Voice Recognition. The days of keyboard and mouse entry mustly surely be nearly over. Most people are bad typists and constant mouse use hurts. Voice Recognition will put an end to RSI and the need to learn how to type. You don't see Captain Kirk typing to the onboard computer!

warren52nz