Top-selling Wally Tender to be replaced by US$825,000 Wally One
By Jack Martin
August 4, 2011
Wally, the Monaco-based yacht builder and design house created by Luca Bassani Antivari, is perhaps the best known and most easily recognized brand of luxury yacht on the planet.
Inside a decade and a half, its yachts have won the Millennium Design Award and it is the only yacht builder to twice win the Compasso d'Oro (2004 and 2008), the world's most important award for quality and design.
Now the company's top-selling Wally Tender is to be replaced after a decade long production run by the new EUR580,000 (US$825,000) Wally One. According to Antivari, the Wally One offers more performance, technology and comfort with less overall length, consumption and cost.
"Wally One is an exercise in giving our customers more for less - more performance, technology and comfort with less overall length, consumption and cost", said Antivari.
"Like everything that we do at Wally, this is about smart evolution. Wally One has a greater emphasis on fun. It has been designed as more of a day boat than its predecessor with flexible seating, increased sunbed space and a host of modern conveniences."
The new 13.12 meter Wally One has a beam of 3.525 meters, and a top speed of between 40 and 50 knots. With up to 630 hp available, it should more than cater for diving, lollygagging around desert islands and ferrying passengers to the megayacht.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide