The PMP market has received a bit of a boost recently and, following our early glimpse of i-Station’s T4 HD, a rather unlikely contender in Viewsonic is looking to take a slice of a market that is traditionally dominated by rivals such as Archos and Cowon.
Two new models, the MovieBook VPD400 and VPD500, have just been announced for European and US release, and both offer HD playback via the video-out, though in this case it’ll only be 720p. The players sport 4.3” and 5” 800x480 LCD displays respectively, offer 8GB of internal memory, micro SD slot and a high-capacity 1900mAh battery with up to four hours of video playback of fifteen hours for music.
Support for a range of popular video and audio formats includes AVI, RMVB, FLV, MP3, WMA and WAV, APE and FLAC, and additional features such as a voice recorder, e-Book reader, integrated stereo speakers and a remote control add further appeal.
The slim and stylish designs are pocket-friendly (13.8/14.5mm thick and weighing just 134/200g) and, best of all, are priced quite reasonably as well.
Though European and US pricing is yet to be confirmed, those in the UK can expect to pick up the VPD400 for just £105 (USD$173) and the VPD500 for £115 (USD$189) when released this October.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide