Verizon Wireless MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot set for launch
By David Greig
May 15, 2009
May 15, 2009 Version Wireless will introduce the much anticipated MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot on May 17. The credit-card sized MiFi 2200 will allow customers to create a wireless access point with up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices such as notebooks, netbooks, cameras, gaming devices or portable media/MP3 players.
The Mi-Fi 2200
The Mi-Fi 2200 is small enough to fit in a pocket measuring 3.5” x 2.3” x 0.4” and weighs in at only 2.05 ounces. It has a range of features, combining integrated internal CDMA and Wi-Fi antennas, advanced security, authentication technologies and up to four hours of active battery use plus 40 hours of standby time (on a single charge with one device connected).
The MiFi 2200 will be available online and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for USD$99.99 after a USD$50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
And just in - carrier Sprint today announced that its branded version of the MiFi 2200 will be available in the first week of June.
To learn more about Mi-Fi, check out our video interview with Novatel's Jon Driscoll below.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide