Unikia goes flat out with Compleat FoodSkin lunch box
By Darren Quick
August 18, 2013
Having already given us a new take on the humble lunch bag with its Compleat FoodBag, Norwegian company Unikia set out to redesign the lunch box for its latest offering, the Compleat FoodSkin.
Rarher than the traditional rigid box design most of us are used to, the Compleat FoodBag features a laptop-like form factor with a rigid plastic base and a hinged, elastic silicone skin lid. This allows it to stretch and hold the contents together in transit, open up to become a placemat at mealtime and fold flat when done.
So although it won’t stop the sandwich from getting squashed at the bottom of a school bag, it will free up some extra space for books on the way home.
The plastic base and frame holding the silicone skin are BPA-free, while the whole kit and kaboodle is also dishwasher safe. Unikia offers the Compleat FoodSkin in blue, mint and purple colors.
It is available now for €24.95 (approx. US$33).
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide