Toshiba Thrive 7'' tablet to feature dual-core CPU, 1GB of RAM and 1280×800 backlit screen
By Pawel Piejko
September 29, 2011
Toshiba has announced that its 10.1-inch Thrive tablet will soon receive a smaller and lighter sibling in the form of Thrive 7''. Weighing in at 399 grams (0.88 lbs) and 11.94 mm (0.47 in) thick, the Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)-based Thrive 7'' tablet is powered by NVIDIA Tegra 2 platform with a dual-core CPU and 1GB of RAM, has a 1280×800 resolution LED backlit screen and will be offered in 16 and 32GB models.
The Thrive 7'' has a slip-resistant rubber housing finish, while its LED backlit multi-touch display features Adaptive Display (automatic adjustment according to ambient conditions) and Resolution+ video enhancement, which is designed to upconvert video to a HD-comparable quality.
The unit incorporates two cameras - a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for video calling - and wireless connectivity comes courtesy of WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS.
Unlike the the larger 10.1-inch Thrive, the 7'' model uses Mini USB and Micro HDMI ports. Similarly, the SD card slot has been replaced with a micro SD card slot in Toshiba's new offering.
With no official pricing announced at this point, Toshiba Thrive 7'' is rumored to be priced at "less than US$400" according to Engadget. The new tablet is slated for December release in the U.S.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide