December 5, 2008 Here's an article of smart clothing that doesn't involve bio-sensors, solar panels or built-in Bluetooth - just clever design. CoreGear's three-in-one Xip3 is a water repellent, fleece lined jacket that quickly morphs into a backpack and (our favorite) a pillow for grabbing a quick nap in comfort.
The Xip3 is made from a fast drying, highly breathable Schoeller 3XDRY® shell and an EcoSmart™ fleece lining produced from 100% post consumer PET recycled polyester.
Inventor Carine Elen came up with the concept whilst pondering a way for her kids to carry their own coats on a visit to New York’s, American Museum of Natural History. It's certainly an idea that many are likely to find more practical than lugging an armful of coats, umbrellas and travel pillows on family excursions.
Kids Xip3 transformable jackets are currently selling for USD$75 and the adult size costs $95.
See the Xip3 site for a demo of how the jacket zips into a pillow, backpack and back into a jacket.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide