The Wider 42 - more deckspace and stability in 12 seconds
By Mike Hanlon
March 22, 2012
One of the stars of the Palm Beach International Boat Show which began today is the Italian Wider 42 footer, with Wider being both an appropriate adjective and the master brand name.
The Wider works ingeniously in that you can activate mobile extensions either side of the hull, double the deck area and give the boat complete stability, all at the press of a button.
Wider was established in March 2010 based on a concept by Tilli Antonelli, the founder and former President of Pershing Yachts.
Based in Castelvecchio di Monte Porzio (PU), in Italy, Wider designs, constructs and markets open day-cruisers, in addition to ramping up for the production of its new Wider category of yacht. Models both smaller and larger than the 42 are planned, and the idea is patented.
Wider "aims to invent new formulas for travelling by sea, proposing bold, original solutions" and the new 42 footer, from well-known designer Fulvio De Simoni, is exactly that - an open yacht with automatic, patented and quite revolutuionary system.
The Wider 42’ debuted at the 2011 Cannes boat show and you can download a brochure already.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide