Taga: it’s not just a bike or a stroller, it’s a multifunctional people carrier!
By Jude Garvey
December 9, 2008
December 8, 2008 When you first see the Taga you wonder why nobody thought of this sooner? The concept itself is brilliant. This machine has taken all the benefits of a bike and a stroller and put them together in one unique package.
The stroller feature has two reclining positions and is suitable from birth to toddlers. It can also be used by older children as a bicycle.
Taga was developed by a team of industrial designers and mechanical engineers over a period of four years. The frame is made from aluminum alloy which is strong enough to carry heavy loads and it has internal Shimano gears and front and rear brakes.
The stability of the three-wheel structure ensures that the child is secure when dismounting and the five-point harness and head cushion help to keep the child safe. The chain is contained within a fully sealed chain guard so there is no chance of getting little body parts or clothes caught.
The parking brake is operated by hand in bike and stroller mode and the stroller fabric is available in red, green, cyan and orange, is non-flammable and can be removed for cleaning. The Taga stroller also has a hood and rain cover. There are some exciting additions to come including a car-seat adaptor, a wooden double seat, shopping basket and extra protection guard feature.
Read on for more specs or see Taga for more details.
- Taga specifications
- Frame: High-finish aluminum alloy 6061
- Gear: Shimano Nexus Inter-3 internal gear hub
- Brakes: Disk brakes on both wheels, Shimano Nexus rear brake, parking brake
- Wheels: 16" wheels, single side hub with quick release
- Seating positions: 3 positions in stroller mode, 2 positions in tricycle mode
- Tricycle dimensions: (cm) 73W x 165L x 102H (approx. 29W x 65L x 40H inches)
- Stroller dimensions: (cm) 73W x 120L x 102H (approx. 29W x 47L x 40H inches)
- Stroller weight: 20-29kg (44-64 pounds), depends on configuration
- Conversion time: 20 seconds
- Colors: Red, Green, Orange, Light-Blue
Jude GarveyBuy this on Amazon
Just enter your friends and your email address into the form below
For multiple addresses, separate each with a comma