Hints of what to expect at the Geneva Motor Show next month continue to flood in, the latest being this (rather unrevealing) image of Subaru's Viziv 2 Concept, which is set to be showcased alongside the new top of the line WRX STI.
Derived from the 2013 Viziv Concept shown at last year's Geneva Motor Show and the Viziv Evolution Concept first seen at the Tokyo Motor Show 2013, the Viziv 2 is intended to show odd Subaru’s new direction in consumer motor cars.
The original Viziv shown in 2013 was an all-wheel drive hot hatchback with seats like something out of an F-16, a pair of dramatic doors, a surprising amount of rear legroom, and a plug-in hybrid powertrain made from a two-liter horizontally-opposed Boxer diesel engine feeding power to a high-torque Lineartronic continuously variable transmission while three electric motors ran the wheels. Whether any of this will carry over to the Viziv 2 remains to be seen.
Also this year in Geneva, Subaru’s WRX STI, billed as the top of the WRX series, and the racing version of the WRX STI, which will take on the 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race later this year, will have their European debuts.
We'll be hunting down all of the details from the show floor in Geneva – stay tuned.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide