Spy vs spy – wireless camera detector lets you sleep easy or play hard (in privacy)
By Jeff Salton
November 23, 2009
If you don’t trust that shifty-looking night supervisor at the motel or the suspicious-looking smoke detector in your room, or if you just value your privacy, help could be at hand. A quick scan of your room or surrounds with the Chinavision CVMV-J19 Spy Wi-Fi Signal and Camera Lens Detector should let you sleep easy or play hard – in privacy (I guarantee there are a few celebrities who wish they had one).
This counter-intelligence device lets you know if you are being spied upon by detecting listening or recording devices that emit a wireless signal between the frequencies 1-6500MHz. And you can sweep the room with Infra-red while looking through the red-tinted view-finder in the unit to locate those insidious cameras.
Powered by 2 AAA batteries, the Chinavision CVMV-J19 detector uses a proximity detection alert function to locate exactly where the spy devices are and from where the Wi-Fi signals are coming. The four onboard LEDs light up in sequence the closer you get to the perpetrating device.
Get one before they get you!
Via Red Ferret.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide