Springtime picnic kit sits neatly on the back of a bicycle
May 8, 2013
With most of the Northern Hemisphere now enjoying fresh sunny spring days, there’s no better time to dust off the old bike, get active and catch some sunshine while enjoying a picnic in the park. Dutch designer Jeriël Bobbe from the Bloon Design studio was obviously inspired to do so, when he started doodling his original sketches of a picnic basket concept. Dubbed Springtime, the innovative picnic kit can sit neatly on the back of a bicycle, and contains everything that one could need for a pleasant lunch in the park.
The Springtime picnic set contains two side storage compartments, with enough space for cutlery, plates, cups, and food and drink for two. When taken off from the back of the bike these two compartments also double as seating, with a cushion to go on top.
In addition, the central wooden component of the kit – which holds the two storage compartments together – simply detaches and opens up to form a portable table for two. This unique feature provides an intimate picnic experience off the ground, with the added bonus of not having to worry about ants getting into your food.
Unfortunately the Springtime picnic design is still only in its prototype stage, so you won’t be able to get your hands on one this season, but we’ll be sure to let you know if it manages to hit the market.
Source: Bloon DesignShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide