Sony Ericsson's first collection of Bluetooth watches for women
By Emily Clark
October 27, 2008
October 27, 2008 Have you ever missed a call while frantically searching for your mobile in the bottom of your handbag? Sony Ericsson has followed on from the MBW-150 Bluetooth watch range with the announcement of the MBW-200 series, the first from the company designed specifically for female consumers.
The watch displays the caller ID and vibrates as your phone is ringing or when you receive an SMS. The call can be rejected or muted using a button on the watch, or answered by using a Bluetooth headset or the phone itself. Other features include auto pairing to connect your watch to your phone; up to 3 bar water resistance; and the ability to play, pause, stop or skip a track on your phone’s music player.
Designed in partnership with watchmaker Fossil, the new line comes in three distinct designs; Sparkling Allure, Contemporary Elegance and Evening Classic. All watches feature scratch resistant mineral crystal glass with an anti-glare coating for optimum readability and glow. The discreet clear monochrome OLED display is invisible when not in use and clearly visible on a bright day so that you can see who is calling or which track is playing on your phone.
- Reject or mute call through the watch
- Vibrates on new SMS/MMS - and an out of range warning – when 10 m away from your phone
- Discreet yet clear caller ID - OLED display
- Play, pause, stop or skip a track on your phone’s music player
- Quartz movements for exact time keeping – both digital and analogue
- Auto pairing™ - easier to connect the watch to your phone
- Water resistant up to 3 ATM
- Allergy safe stainless steel
- Mineral crystal scratch resistant face with antiglare coating
All three watches in the Sony Ericsson MBW-200 range will be available before the end of 2008. Pricing is yet to be announced but to give you an idea, the MBW-150MUSIC costs around USD$400.
Just enter your friends and your email address into the form below
For multiple addresses, separate each with a comma