March 24, 2009 Shuttle’s new X50 is an all-in-one PC that features a 15.6-inch touch-enabled display with 1366 x 768 resolution and is designed to be versatile enough to suit a variety of settings including digital signage and kiosks. The unit also features a convertible stand that can be flipped upward to reveal a carry handle, or it can be removed completely for VESA mounting.
The unit is just 1.4 inches thin, weighs in at 3.6kg and comes with built-in 1.3 megapixel webcam, 1GB of RAM and a 160GB hard drive. It is powered by Intel's Atom 330 dual-core processor and GMA950 graphics and comes loaded with Windows XP Home. Cord clutter is reduced with the X50 shipping with a single cord for power and features easily accessible I/O ports on the two sides. It also features quick start up via a simple touch of the screen by finger or included stylus pen and is packaged with an ENERGY STAR 5.0 qualified power adapter, which draws a mere 30 watts of power. The Shuttle I.C.E heat pipe is used to dissipate heat away and the unit is nice and quiet generating only 22dB of noise.
The Shuttle X50 is part of the Shuttle’s new X Vision line and is expected to retail for around USD$499.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide