Samsung's dual grip WB2200F Smart camera boasts 60x optical zoom
By Grant Banks
January 8, 2014
Samsung has added a new bridge camera boasting a formidable 60x optical zoom to its Smart Camera 3.0 family at CES 2014.
The WB2200F combines 60x optical zoom with a 20mm ultra wide angle lens (F2.8) and its zooming prowess is further boosted by the ability to double the zoom speed or jump directly from zero to 60x zoom.
The design features a new ergonomic dual-grip, on-the-lens i-Function controls and a 3.0-inch hVGA LCD screen, while inside the 608 g unit there's a 16.3 MP CMOS sensor that enables full HD video recording (1920x1080/ 30 fps) and two high speed modes (176x128/ 360 fps and 384x288/ 240 fps).
Rounding-off Samsung's CES camera announcements is the WB350F. This lightweight (216 g) point-and-shoot features a 21x optical zoom and 23mm wide angle lens, a 3.0-inch hVGA touch screen and the same 16.3 MP sensor as its larger stablemate.
Like the other model's in Samsung's Smart Camera 3.0 range, both cameras feature Near Field Communications (NFC) and Wi-Fi connectivity options.
There's no word on pricing or availability at this stage.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide