Samsung to ALSO debut world's largest curved UHD TV at CES 2014
By Ben Coxworth
December 19, 2013
Today appears to be the day for jumbo-sized TV announcements. First, we heard that LG will be debuting its 105-inch "world's largest curved UHD TV" at CES. Now, word comes that Samsung is making the same claim about a new TV of its own – with the added boast that it's also the "most curved" UHD TV ever.
Like LG's just-announced 105UB9, Samsung's Curved UHD TV (catchy name) has a 105-inch screen with a resolution of 11 million pixels (5120 x 2160) and a 21:9 aspect ratio. It also reportedly features "a new proprietary picture quality algorithm that delivers optimized color and greater feeling of depth."
Additionally, it utilizes a "Quadmatic Picture Engine" to present all content at UHD-level picture quality, regardless of the source.
This isn't the first time Samsung and LG have simultaneously claimed a "world first," with both Korean electronics giants arriving at CES 2013 with the "world's first curved OLED TV." It will be interesting to see if this trend continues.
Little other information on Samsung's or LG's 105-inch TVs is available at the moment, but we'll no doubt learn more when we get to check them out first-hand at CES next month.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide