Rutledge BookBook case takes the MacBook back in time
By Nick Lavars
March 16, 2014
Apple accessory manufacturer Twelve South is looking to give MacBook owners a ye olde world option for protecting their shiny new devices with the Rutledge BookBook.
The Rutledge BookBook is an adaptation of the company's BookBook laptop cases, which are designed to resemble a vintage leather-bound book and shield the laptop between two hardback covers with a rigid spine and padded interior.
For the Rutledge edition, the company has paid a little extra attention to detail in the aesthetics of case by developing what it says is a new technique for finishing leather. This involved applying several layers of color and then removing particular elements by hand, leaving a unique pattern of colors and tones.
The case is available for the 11-inch MacBook Air, 13-inch Air or Pro, 13-inch Retina and the 15-inch Retina. It features dual zippers and elastic bands to slip over the display, creating extra stability if using your computer when inside the case.
Rutledge BookBook is available through Twelve South's website at a cost of US$99.99.
Product page: Twelve SouthShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide