Roku refreshes its entire product line
By Dave LeClair
September 27, 2013
Roku, the company known for its range of home video streaming solutions, has announced an entire suite of new models. The company has streamlined its naming convention, as well as given a facelift to the look of all existing models, which it says will "simplify everything about streaming, right down to our product names."
Roku has introduced three new models to go along with its top-of-the-line Roku 3.
The entry-level Roku LT costs US$49.99 and is only able to stream video in 720p. For a $10 jump to $59.99, buyers can get a Roku 1, which is essentially the same as the LT, but with support for 1080p video.
Going to the next new model, the Roku 2, the company adds a remote with a headphone jack, and support for dual-band wireless networks. Of course, this Roku also supports 1080p streaming. It will retail for $79.99.
The Roku 3, which was already available, jumps to $99.99 and adds Ethernet and USB ports, as well as motion controls to the remote for gaming.
All three of the new models will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland in October of this year.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide