Rise & Hang duffel bag transforms into a hanging set of shelves
By Ben Coxworth
September 20, 2012
While traveling is generally a lot of fun, digging through your packed clothes to find a particular item can definitely be a hassle. The Rise & Hang duffel bag offers an alternative – it features built-in collapsible soft shelves that pull up out of it while it’s hanging in your hotel room closet, keeping your clothes organized and accessible.
To use the bag, you start by hanging it open in a closet (or wherever) at home, packing your clothes onto its shelves, then pushing the shelves/clothes down inside of it and zipping it up. Upon reaching your destination, you just open it back up, pull out the shelves, and hang it up. Your clothes will still be on the shelves where you packed them, so there won’t be any need to transfer them into the hotel room dresser.
Besides its three shelves (four, if you count its top surface), a nice added touch is a hamper compartment on the bottom, for storing your dirty laundry.
The Rise & Hang duffel bag has a capacity of 70.8 liters, is water-resistant, and sells for US$69. For people who prefer to use a suitcase, a 42-liter luggage insert is also available for $44.
The bag can be seen in use in the video below.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide