April 21, 2008 With an output of 550 hp (404 kW) and a top speed of 280kmh (174mph), the new Porsche Cayenne which premiered at Auto China 2008 in Beijing is the most powerful model in the company's SUV range to date. Capable of achieving zero to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds, the twin-turbo, 4.8 liter V8 S model gains the edge over the standard Turbo model via a modified exhaust system and improvements in engine control that have also resulted in an increase in maximum torque by 50 Nm to 750 Nm (available between 2,250 and 4,500 rpm). Marked by 21 inch SportPlus alloy wheels, a four-pipe sports exhaust system and an exclusive “lava gray metallic” paint option, plus a host of standard interior goodies from memory seating to a touch-screen operated multimedia system, the Turbo S will be introduced from August 2008 at an expected basis price of EUR 111,400.
All Turbo S models will feature air suspension, suspension leveling and ride-height control, along with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) as standard and Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) plus Servotronic speed-sensitive variable power steering.
Motor-sport bred Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) have also been introduced as an option with 410mm axle ceramic disks at the front and 370 mm at the rear. Deceleration takes place via six-piston calipers at the front and four-piston calipers at the rear.
In addition to the front sports seat with Comfort Memory Package, rear seating with individual seat contours, aluminum door panels showing the name plate together with leather upholstery in two exclusive dual-color combinations (black / Havana and black / steel gray) plus a leather steering wheel with padded center.
The touch-screen operated Porsche Communication Multimedia System Management (PCM) includes of navigation module with hard drive and as per all other Cayenne models, the Cayenne Turbo S also comes with the option of voice actuation with full word recognition for navigation system destinations, universal audio interface (with MP3 connection), cell phone link-up via Bluetooth and a TV module for both analog and digital terrestrial signals. A 410 Watt, 14-speaker BOSE® Surround Sound System is also standard.
The fuel efficiency figures for the Turbo S remain the same as those for the Cayenne Turbo (as per the calculation methods stipulated under the New European Operating Cycle – NEFZ).
2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S in brief:
- Engine: V8 with two parallel exhaust turbo loaders
- Fuel injection: direct fuel injection (DFI)
- Displacement: 4,806 cm3 (293.3 cu in)
- Bore: 96 mm (3.78 in)
- Stroke: 83 mm (3.27 in)
- Compression ratio: 10.5:1
- Max. power output: 404 kW (550 hp) at 6,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 750 Nm from 2,250 rpm to 4,500 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h in 4.8 sec, 0-60 mph in 4.7 sec
- Max. speed: 280 km/h (174.0 mph)
- Gearbox: Six-speed Tiptronic S converter automatic
- Transmission: Permanent all-wheel drive Porsche Traction Management (PTM) with transfer gearshift
- Chassis: Independent suspension – front: via large basis double wishbones; rear: multi-link suspension; air suspension with suspension leveling and ride-height control, including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
- Brakes: Front: six-piston aluminum monoblock fixed caliper brakes together with two-part internally ventilated brake disks with diameter of 380 mm; rear: four-piston aluminum monoblock brake disks together with internally ventilated brake disks with diameter of 358 mm
- Wheels: 10 J x 21
- Tires: 295/35 R 21
- Steering: Servotronic speed-sensitive power steering
- Fuel consumption: 14.9 l/100 km (combined, as per NEFZ), 18.1 mpg (combined)
- Emissions: C02 358 g/km (combined)
- Pollutant class: EURO 4
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics