July 30, 2008 Sony has launched the first ten PS3 games in their Greatest Hits range, including Warhawk, Assassin's Creed and Resistance: Fall of Man.
The first ten Greatest Hits titles are:
- Warhawk - A unique multiplayer-only shooter with a very healthy user base - you'll have no problems finding a game.
- Motorstorm - It's a brilliant (and brutally difficult) racer, but we suggest you wait until the sequel hits later this year.
- Resistance: Fall of Man - Graphically dated, but amazing shooter. Get up to date before the sequel hits so you're not lost on the story.
- Call of Duty 3 - Avoid in preference of its far superior sequel, Call of Duty 4.
- Fight Night Round 3 - An accessible (and very pretty) boxing simulation.
- Need for Speed: Carbon - Avoid this lackluster racer in preference of Race Driver GRID.
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas - A tactical shooter widely regarded as better than this year's sequel.
- Assassin's Creed - A short, repetitive game with moments of brilliance - far better value at the new price.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - The best looking console version of the critically-acclaimed role-playing game.
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma - It's the ultimate Ninja Gaiden experience, but avoid it like the plague if you always choose the easiest difficulty level presented to you - this game is hard.
If you can't get to a store, Amazon has you covered. We'd also like to remind our readers outside the U.S. that PlayStation 3 games have no region-coding - so you don't need to wait until Sony get around to localizing this deal to make the most of it - again, Amazon has you covered.
Just enter your friends and your email address into the form below
For multiple addresses, separate each with a comma